Code of Conduct
Conduct & Harassment Policy
SCRGE strives to be a fun, inclusive experience for everyone. We are dedicated to providing a harassment free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion.
Please take care to avoid the following: offensive verbal comments (including those related to race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or body size), deliberate intimidation, threats, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Please refrain from the use of social media to target, harass or threaten individuals or groups in the context of a SCRGE event. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, SCRGE organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or explusion from the Expo with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a SCRGE staff member or volunteer immediately. SCRGE staff and volunteers can be identified by labeled t-shirts. If you are in doubt about whether a person is affiliated with SCRGE, go to the SCRGE will call counter and ask to have the manager called.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the Expo. We value your attendance.
The SCRGE Conduct & Harassment Policy applies equally to all Expo Attendees, staff, volunteers, speakers and vendors. The policy applies at all SCRGE- sanctioned events including meetings and during pre-show setup.
Thank you for helping make SCRGE a fun and safe experience.
The following are not permitted at the Event or its surrounding perimeters, including the parking lots and structures:
- Failure to be appropriately clothed, is the sole discretion of SCRGE. Please follow local laws, rules, and regulations when selecting your costume.
- Assaulting, threatening, or behaving inappropriately to another person, in SCRGE's sole discretion.
- Lewd or offensive behavior, such as profanity, obscene language or conduct, profanity, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Commercial or business transactions conducted without the SCRGE's prior written consent, whether in the form of an exhibitor agreement, sponsorship agreement, vendor agreement, facility rental agreement, or otherwise. This includes, without limitation, the solicitation of money or other contributions or donations, or distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Unlawful conduct or failure to comply with the policies, rules, or instructions of the SCRGE, the Event staff, the Event facility, or the hotel affiliated with the Event.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol and in compliance with the Alcohol Policy.
- Possessing any illegal substance. SCRGE DOES NOT tolerate illegal substances in or around the Event.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes, other than in designated areas.
You agree that you may be recorded during the Event without compensation and you hereby grant to the SCRGE the rights to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise use any still photographs and moving sound and audiovisual recordings ("Recordings") of you in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
You are allowed to make Recordings in all common areas of the Event, with the exception of the backstage, and restricted areas. Specific rules and restrictions regarding Recordings apply to specific events. If you are unsure, please check and follow the instructions given.
Please obtain permission first to make Recordings of any individuals or costumes. If someone asks or otherwise indicates that they do not wish to be recorded, do not record them. The SCRGE will make reasonable efforts to enforce this policy, but given the proliferation of recording devices and the ease with which Event attendees may conceal their recording devices, it is understood and agreed that the SCRGE shall not be liable for violations.
Recordings of the Event or its employees, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, and/or publication to the press is expressly forbidden unless written permission has been obtained from the SCRGE, as well the policy of any venue in which you are recording. Individuals may make Recordings for private listening/viewing, provided that such Recordings clearly identify the Event, date, and location at which they were recorded.
All bloggers and members of the press and staff are additionally required to conform to the SCRGE's Press Policy and we encourage attendees to become familiar with those rules.
Prohibition Against the Use of Signs
All signs, whether for a costume prop or not, are prohibited unless approved in writing for specific use by SCRGE Event Staff. Unapproved signs will be confiscated and repeat offenses may lead to individuals being asked to forfeit your attendee badge and may result in being banned from the convention.
During the convention an Information Services booth will be located at the entrance of the event for questions, concerns or inquires.
If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to approach anyone on the Event staff (neon green vests) or contact us online.
The SCRGE reserves the right to modify and/or update this Code of Conduct at any time.
Violation of the Code of Conduct policies is grounds for immediate loss of your event badge and serious violations are grounds for banning you from coming to future Events.